Ever since AlgoSource was founded, we have been actively involved in a number of projects on a regional, national and European level as well as overseas (Latin America and Asia) as part of our constant determination to develop and transfer our end-to-end microalgae expertise within benefit-sharing collaborative arrangements.
Examples of our national and international projects:
- SYMBIO2 project: Urban algaculture in the form of bio-façades (photobioreactors) to improve thermal insulation and effluent management in buildings (water, CO2, heat, etc.): the urban ecology concept of tomorrow’s world.
Objective: Transform urban algaculture into a natural insulator for reducing the environmental footprint of buildings.
Consortium partners: AlgoSource Technologies / X-TU Architects (creators) / Séché Environnement / Viry / GEPEA Laboratory / OASIIS / R.F.R / Kalitec
Keywords: photobioreactor, bio-façade, algaculture
- Valorial-endorsed UNI-VERT programme: Social and community-oriented project delivering support to food aid and social inclusion initiatives (Panier de la Mer).
Objective: Cultivate spirulina (microalgae) for food aid initiatives by creating jobs.
Partners: Panier de la Mer, Adria, Brit’Inov cluster
Keywords: food aid, spirulina, jobs
- CIMENTALG project: Development and installation of solar photobioreactors for using microalgae to fix the CO2 generated by cement production (Gargenville cement works). The CIMENTALG 2 project has just been endorsed by the Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique hi-tech cluster, and a demonstrator model will be produced with the sector’s leading manufacturers.
Objective: Use and recover the carbon dioxide emitted by a cement plant to feed the microalgae cultivated on site.
Partners: AlgoSource Technologies / Ciments Calcia / GEPEA / GeM-IEG / University of Nantes
Keywords: photobioreactor, algaculture, CO2
- AlgoSource proprietary project: Development and installation of raceways (algaculture ponds) for the aquaculture sector in a bid to modernise the industry through the use of nutrition that protects both the environment and consumer health.
Objective: Develop the microalgae industry to create jobs and produce natural products while protecting the environment.
Keywords: jobs, environment, health, natural
- Cosmetic and pharmaceutical project: Development of a high value-added molecule production process for the cosmetics industry (microalgae-based) to replace the molecules generated by the petrochemicals and synthetic chemistry sectors.
Objective: Replace petrochemicals with natural products in consumer goods.
Keywords: cosmetics, microalgae, natural
- ANR ALGORAFFINERIE programme: Development of the refinery process for two microalgae: P. cruentum and C. vulgaris.
Objective: Create and pioneer a complete development process for two microalgae species.
Partners: AlgoSource Technologies / Process Engineering for Environment and Food Laboratory (GEPEA) / Institut Pascal (Clermont-Ferrand) / Agro-Industrial Chemistry Laboratory of the National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse (INPT-LCA, Toulouse)
Keywords: refining, development, create, proceed
- FP7 BIOFAT programme: Pilot-scale demonstration of biofuel production from microalgae.
Objective: Produce biofuel from microalgae as a replacement for fossil fuels.
Partners: AlgoSource Technologies / Abengoa Bioenergía Nuevas Tecnologías (Spain) / Universitá degli Studi di Firenze (Italy) / AlgaFuel (Portugal) / Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Israel) / Fotosintetica & Microbiologica (Italy) / Evodos (Netherlands) / Hart Energy (USA) / Fratelli Parodi (Italy) / IN (Italy)
Keywords: biofuel, microalgae, fossil fuels
- Project for the microalgae industry: Development and installation of raceways (algaculture ponds) to produce spirulina for the agricultural industry (crop diversification / revenue / management of the heat generated by anaerobic digesters / etc.).
Objective: Mastermind new applications for existing activities (promote additional revenue streams by creating new jobs).
Keywords: spirulina, jobs, agricultural
- ALGOROUTE project: Regional project to develop bioasphalt (from microalgae).
Objective: Create bioasphalt to curb the use of fossil fuels.
Partners: AlgoSource Technologies / IFSTTAR / GEPEA / CEISAM / Nantes Ecole des Mines
Keywords: bioasphalt, microalgae, fossil fuels